Nonprofits need a constant supply of strong volunteer leaders to guide their organizations toward achieving their mission and vision.
This does not have to be a struggle. There is a path that you can follow to have a continuous pipeline of happy, productive board members. This is true, even if you have difficulty:
- identifying prospective board members;
- engaging these prospects; or
- retaining your existing board members.
How You Can Engage New Board Members will help you understand:
- the roles and responsibilities of your board;
- how to assess your current board;
- the essentials of identifying, cultivating and orienting new board members;
- the importance of governance;
- why leadership development should be year-round; and
- how to evaluate individual board members and the board as a whole.
What are the 11 customized worksheets?
- Board Profile Matrix
- Prospective Board Member Referral Form
- Criteria for Board Member Consideration Worksheet
- Materials for Potential Board Members
- Individual Board Member’s Role & Responsibilities
- Board Member’s Agreement
- Prospective Board Member Recruitment Worksheet
- Sample Agenda for an Orientation Meeting
- New Board Member Information Form
- Checklist of Goals for New Board Member During First Year
- Individual Board Member Self-Evaluation
Why do you want the 11 customized worksheets version?
You can make each of the documents agency-specific.
Example 1: In the Board Matrix you can change the fields to allow for your need for 2 development professionals on your board (just a suggestion) or consider diversity before any other criteria.
Example 2: Have a sample Board Orientation Agenda that accurately lists the time and date of the meeting to include a time slot for the presentation from a beneficiary of the amazing work you do or to include extra time for the fundraising and development committee.
Example 3: When considering the Checklist of Goals for New Board Member During First Year, you can add a section on committees to stress the importance of joining one or more.
Downloadable eBook Plus 11 Customized Worksheets: $34.95
Paperback Book Only: $19.95