The feasibility study consists of an internal assessment of your organization’s readiness for a fundraising program and an evaluation of your constituency’s willingness and philanthropic capacity to support a campaign. MJA interviews your organization’s key donors and stakeholders about their involvements with and expectations of your organization and we obtain responses to a case for support for the campaign. We also conduct an assessment of donor capacity among your organization’s existing donors.
Internal readiness issues should be considered first.
Among the questions posed in this phase of the nonprofit feasibility study are:
- Do you have a compelling case for support?
- Is the Board supportive of the campaign plan?
- Does your organization’s volunteer and professional leadership have adequate experience in development and fundraising to ensure success?
- Are there fundraising management systems in place?
- Will there be adequate professional and support staff resources for the campaign to succeed?
- Do you have appropriate gift acceptance policies and acknowledgement procedures?
The next step is assessing the external readiness for you to conduct a campaign.
The essential question to be answered by the nonprofit feasibility study is whether and to what degree your donors and stakeholders will invest philanthropically in the proposed campaign. The in-depth analysis which is the outcome of the study process helps institutions like yours:
- determine reasonable fundraising goals;
- market your organization’s merits and contributions to those being interviewed;
- develop a workable plan for the campaign based on the study’s findings; and
- ensure the most successful fundraising program possible for your nonprofit.
Through a series of individual, confidential, executive interviews, we accomplish those objectives and provide you with additional insights, such as your constituents’ concerns about your organization or the campaign.
When we interview, we meet with the men and women who can make or influence large gifts—the very people who will be instrumental in the success of your campaign. Then, working with the results of your study, we will develop a campaign goal, plan and timetable, as well as a professional and volunteer organizational structure that will help you achieve realistic, targeted fundraising objectives. The report of the study will also provide a table of gifts for you, a recommended dollar goal and a list of potential leaders for and major donors to your campaign.
Our approach is “Not If, But How.”
Client Success Stories
“We are working on our third capital campaign in a 20-year span. We interviewed four consultants and chose Mersky, Jaffe & Associates to help us with a Campaign Feasibility study because of their experience, their knowledge of similar types of donor bases and their clear-cut organizational process.
They were of great help to properly organize and prepare the needed aspects in launching a campaign, met personally and were well received with twenty-five of our prospective donors. The final report and Executive Summary was very useful to our board, and they continue to touch base and provide support as we move thru our campaign.”
Melanie S. Cohen
Jewish Home Foundation of North Jersey