The Scandinavian Living Center is seeking a Fundraising and Campaign Manager. Founded in 1912, the Scandinavian Living Center is about to embark upon a multi-million-dollar capital campaign to renovate and enhance its current facilities as well as endow its programs.
The Manager is the person charged with implementing and coordinating all fundraising activities of the Center. The Manager will become part of the SLC’s staff and will report to the Executive Director. The Center’s outside counsel, Mersky, Jaffe & Associates will provide support for the Manager.
In consultation with the Center’s volunteer leadership, professional staff, and outside counsel, the Manager will manage the effort to support a team to meet the Center’s short-term and long-range fundraising goals.
Additionally, the Manager will
- administer and implement all fundraising strategies and tactics;
- assure the ongoing analysis and reporting of all development efforts for professional and volunteer leadership;
- assist in the creation and management of special events and educational programs to support the development program and the campaign;
- staff the Fundraising Committee;
- support the direct personal solicitation of prospects;
- contribute to the development of public relations materials to enhance the Center’s image and promote fundraising;
- assure proper communication that informs prospects and donors of giving opportunities associated with the Center; and
- administer stewardship activities by maintaining the database of contributors and gifts, preparing letters of appreciation and regular reports to donors.
The successful candidate will be a
- well organized person;
- a person who has worked in a fundraising environment, preferably;
- successful at working directly with volunteers and donors;
- strong manager who is a self-starter who listens and is able to support a motivated team of volunteers and professionals; and
- sophisticated, outgoing individual able to communicate with believable passion and sensitivity the values of community-centered senior living.
Compensation ranges between $80,000 and $90,000, based on experience, skillset, and education. Benefits include health insurance; life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, parental leave, sick and personal days, vacation, Section 125 flexible benefit plan, and 403b retirement savings plan.
This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
Mersky, Jaffe & Associates is proud of its association with the Scandinavian Living Center and to be conducting the search for its Fundraising and Campaign Manager. If you, or someone you know, might be a suitable candidate for this position, please forward, in confidence, the person’s name, cover letter, resume, and contact information to Rachel Woda at email@example.com.