Mersky, Jaffe & Associates, a national executive search and consulting firm, has been engaged to conduct a search for the next Finance Manager of the Hampton Synagogue, Westhampton Beach, NY.
For the past 32 years, the Hampton Synagogue has been a beacon for Jewish life in the Hamptons. The Synagogue continues to experience unprecedented growth and success. Founded and still led by Rabbi Marc Schneier, a builder and a pioneer, he created the pre-eminent Jewish community in the Hamptons. Now, since its founding, the synagogue hosts international and national politicians and celebrities and has become one of the foremost synagogues in the United States.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Finance Manager plays a key role in ensuring the financial health and sustainability of the Hampton Synagogue as it looks to strengthen and enrich its community. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the management, planning and coordination of the financial functions of the Synagogue. This is a full-time position with a compensation of $100,000.
- Lead the overall daily accounting operations of the synagogue.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the general ledger and maintain the accounting records.
- Manage and reconcile accounts payable, disbursements, payroll, benefits administration, accounts receivable, collections, bank statements and other accounting records related to the finances of the synagogue.
- timely collection of pledges due to the synagogue.
- accounting methods and practices are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- proper maintenance of internal controls over finance and accounting related activities and assist with preparation and implementation of financial-related policies and procedures.
- successful cash management and preparing forecasts.
- Perform monthly and year-end closings and account reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and forecasts for the Chief of Staff, and auditors as appropriate.
- Produce and submit tax reports and payments in compliance with Federal and State Tax regulations.
- Develop budgets and financial analyses as directed by the Chief of Staff.
- Maintain updated records of individual giving and provide annual contribution statements.
- Manage all designated gifts, including memorial gifts and deferred giving, and assist in the management of the synagogue’s programs such as bequests, endowment or trust funds.
- Maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of the synagogue’s accounting and member software.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a graduate of a four-year college with a history of strong experience in business/financial management.
- Have 10+ years of similar business experience.
- Be skilled in maintenance of financial, fiscal, and payroll record keeping.
- Be highly skilled in the use of QuickBooks On-Line and other data management programs.
- Have experience with Shulcloud – helpful but not required.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Successfully handle multiple tasks.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills; and will be communicating extensively with congregants, staff, outside contractors, vendors, and auditors.
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality.
Mersky, Jaffe & Associates is proud of its association with the Hampton Synagogue and to be conducting the search for its Finance Manager. If you or someone you know might be a suitable candidate for this position, please forward in confidence, the person’s name, cover letter, resume, and contact information to Lori Fodale by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.