Mersky, Jaffe & Associates, a national executive search and consulting firm, has been engaged to conduct a search for the Director of The Hampton Synagogue Children’s Center, Westhampton Beach, NY.
For the past 32 years, the Hampton Synagogue has been a beacon for Jewish life in the Hamptons. The Synagogue continues to experience unprecedented growth and success. Founded and still led by Rabbi Marc Schneier, a builder and a pioneer, he created the pre-eminent Jewish community in the Hamptons. Now, since its founding, the synagogue hosts international and national politicians and celebrities and has become one of the foremost synagogues in the United States.
The Hampton Synagogue continues as it now responds to the needs of the next generation of its vibrant, dynamic community. The Hampton Synagogue Children’s Center is a unique, forward-thinking project. Set in beautiful, landscaped grounds, it is a state-of-the-art, modern facility. The Center’s goal is to create impactful and transformative experiences that will foster these children’s lifelong commitment to Jewish identity and community.
For Jewish children summering in the Hamptons or visiting during the year for a Shabbat or holiday weekend, the Children’s Center will provide an extraordinary setting to nurture and strengthen a lasting love for Judaism, the Jewish people, and the State of Israel. It will offer recreation, arts, athletics, educational experiences, and social activities within a vibrant Jewish environment.
The Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of the Hampton Synagogue Children’s Center, including programs and business operations. He/She will recruit and engage the educational and management team of the Center. Areas of responsibility include planning and evaluation, policy and program development, personnel management, marketing and public relations. Reporting directly to Rabbi Marc Schneier, the Director is a full-time employee of the Hampton Synagogue and a resident of Suffolk County, NY. The compensation for the position is $135,000 – $150,000.
In consultation with Rabbi Schneier and the staff of the Hampton Synagogue, the Director will design and implement a strategic plan for the Center and its management. The Director will fulfill in each of the following areas:
Management and administration
- Design and facilitate an active planning process.
- Create organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of the Center.
- Develop and administer operational policies.
- Oversee, personally, the engagement of all staff as well as their orientation and supervision, all programs, services, and activities to ensure that program objectives are met.
- Oversee marketing, business development and recruitment.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide information for evaluation of the Center’s activities.
- Develop, implement, and monitor programs.
- Provide for professional development for self and staff in early childhood theory and practice.
- Build and oversee a team who will foster a caring and inclusive community grounded in Jewish values.
- Ensure programmatic excellence.
- Administer board-approved personnel policies.
- Ensure proper (legal) hiring and termination procedures.
- Oversee all disciplinary actions.
- Provide adequate supervision and evaluation of all staff and volunteers.
- Be the “public face” of the Center particularly to current and prospective parents.
- Serve as chief liaison with specific community groups.
- Ensure that employees appropriately represent the Center.
- Coordinate representation of the Center to other groups within the local community.
The successful candidate will be a:
- proven early childhood education leader with camping experience, who views children as competent individuals who flourish in a joyful setting and has a passion for working with young children and their families;
- New York State early childhood licensed professional with at least ten years of relevant experience, a BA (MA a plus);
- strong, independent manager who is a self-starter who listens and can build a motivated team of professionals;
- hands-on director with superior oral presentation and written communication skills;
- creative, energetic individual committed to realizing the potential of the bold, innovative, and dynamic vision of the Hampton Synagogue Children’s Center who brings a passionate commitment to Jewish education, and
- have a proven track record in effective leadership and management of complex, informal educational enterprises combined with extensive supervisory experience.
Mersky, Jaffe & Associates is proud of its association with the Hampton Synagogue Children’s Center and to be conducting the search for its Director. If you or someone you know might be a suitable candidate for this position, please forward in confidence, the person’s name, cover letter, resume, and contact information to Lori Fodale by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org