Daily Table provides ready-to-eat meals and a selection of produce and grocery items all at affordable prices designed to improve access to a truly nutritious diet. Daily Table opened its first store in June 2015 in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston. It now has stores in Roxbury, Central Square, Mattapan, and soon Salem. We expect to open additional locations both in Boston and other cities throughout America. Please visit our website to learn more.
You are an inquisitive, entrepreneurial person. You want to help Daily Table thrive and reach its next phase of growth. Daily Table’s unique retail operating model is supported through sales and philanthropic investments to deliver on its mission. You will share the vision of the founder, board, and staff, and have a passion for creating a positive, scalable, sustainable impact in nutrition-insecure neighborhoods. As Development Coordinator, you will support the Director of Individual Giving and the Director of Institutional Giving. You are organized and attentive to the details. You possess strong skills in technology and have experience in managing CRMs or fundraising management systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will devote your time to supporting fundraising success through maintaining the fundraising management database, stewarding existing donors and funders, and researching individuals and institutional funders. Additionally, you will:
- track gifts and contacts in Kindful, Daily Table’s fundraising management system, manage gifts in systems such as Fundraise Up and workplace giving vehicles.
- work with the Daily Table finance team on gift reconciliation with the accounting system;
- generate and send acknowledgements for pledges, gifts, and payments;
- conduct research on new donors to identify and help qualify prospective mid-range and major donors, as well as institutional funders;
- draft grant reports for institutional funders and maintain grant reporting calendar;
- update Development dashboards and trackers;
- maintain the Development team’s Google shared drive;
- support individual appeals and other donor communications in print, email, web site, and social media (e.g., segmenting donors and creating mailing lists, etc.);
- coordinate donor events(e.g., develop invitation lists, make nametags, etc.);
- optimize department and organization processes and procedures, making recommendations as needed;
- manage Development departmental meetings, Development Committee Meetings, and other meetings as needed; and
- engage board members and staff to personalize solicitation and acknowledgement letters and make thank you calls.
In addition to the primary responsibilities outlined above, you may be assigned other responsibilities from time to time by the Director of Individual Giving and the Director of Institutional Giving.
Desired Background, Experience and Interests
You have at least 2+ years of increasing professional achievement and responsibility. In addition, you will have
- a commitment to the mission and vision of Daily Table;
- a demonstrated interest in food insecurity, nutrition and/or food systems is a plus;
- familiarity in managing CRMs or fundraising software required (Kindful a plus);
- expertise in MS Word, MS Excel, and Google Suite required;
- enthusiasm and tactical vision for growth in development and fundraising;
- a well-organized ability to execute on strategy in an efficient manner;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and strong work ethic;
- independence and initiative; and
- an entrepreneurial mindset to create value with limited resources.
Even if you do not meet all of the job requirements, we encourage individuals who believe in the mission and are confident they can succeed at Daily Table to apply for this role.
This position will be based out of our Dorchester business office but has flexibility for remote work several days per week.
Annual Salary: $50,000
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, unlimited PTO, and food discount.
Daily Table is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.